Thursday, July 11, 2019

Getting In and Out of Broncho - Part I

Well, would I be struck by it? I had, perhaps not thought about it. However, I got hell-tangled due to the wrong diagnosis. Here, I am speaking about a common respiratory ailment Bronchitis aka Broncho (as I call it).

I had least imagined its entry in my body and thus, create havoc in daily life. I was in an absolute No Way Out state that started giving me nightmares. I thought about the repercussions it would have on my family and at least me if not someone else. Having a history of respiratory ailments in the family where members suffered until the last breath, I was least interested in building that image for myself. I can’t give my life to Broncho despite it had set its foot inside my body and turned hellish.

Thus, I decided….. I will not give up. I will not give my life to Broncho, come what may. Never thought how much time it takes to recuperate but definitely, I will not give up. I saw my mother giving her life to asthma, heard of stories of my father-in-law and maternal grandmother fighting till the end of life and finally sacrificing their lives to various respiratory ailments. I am not and will not be the next victim. That’s not going to happen. Never…. And it really means NEVER.

After suffering for days due to COLD, and surviving on multiple doses of medicinal drugs of which I really didn’t have an idea, I, finally, decided to visit a cardiologist. Long hours of waiting at the doctor’s clinic finally paid heed to my arrival in his room. He examined thoroughly. However, I was taken aback by the way he checked my breath to understand the ailment. Well, that is what he has gained experience in his life. He tries to follow the breath of his patients. I was advised to go for radiology. I made an effort to ask if the Pulmonary Function Test was viable. And surprisingly, he denied. The evening brought the final results of my lungs which made sure I was in the initial stage of Broncho and was advised not to be SCARED – though I was already having nightmares of being the next family victim of respiratory ailments.

It took almost a month and a half to see the results. The first week seemed medicinal DRUGs were not doing anything. I am not getting better, I felt. But, that’s how things work probably. After 10 days or so, drugs were changed. And every visit brought a change in DRUGs in some or the other way. Initially, I thought my body seemed to have lost the immunity to even respond to these drugs. And, I least imagined there would be any change. However, things started changing after almost a month or so. Not only because of the timely decision to visit a cardiologist to receive treatment but also a change self-initiated in daily diet.

Well, I credit myself to the change in my diet ever since I got impacted by Broncho.

To be continued>>



No comments:

Post a Comment